Individual CareStart COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test
Tests are in the white pouches.
Due to the highly contagious nature and global health crisis, SARS-CoV-2 has been designated as a pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) and continues to have devastating impacts on healthcare systems and the world economy including the U.S. To effectively end the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, systematic screening, and detection of both clinical and asymptomatic COVID-19 cases is critical.
As an intended point-of-care (POC) designated test with a 10 minute processing time, CareStart COVID-19 Antigen Test allows effective screening of COVID-19 infection on a large scale.
- Lateral flow assay
- Rapid results in 10 minutes
- Nasopharyngeal swab specimen collection
- Intended at POC setting (i.e., in patient care settings) by medical professionals operating under a CLIA Certificate of Waiver*, Certificate of Compliance, or Certificate of Accreditation
- Detect SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antigen
- Identify acute infection in symptomatic patients with 88.4% sensitivity and 100% specificity
- Designated as a CLIA waived test
Specimen Collection Procedure